Skimz Pur CARB-0.8 is a high performance 0.8mm pellet carbon with superior pore space, ideally suited to remove dissolved organic waste, foul odours, toxins and water discoloration. Pur CARB-0.8 will make your water crystal clear to permits maximum penetration of light which help to improve the health of your corals.
Skimz Pur CARB-0.8 is processed by high temperature steam activation which produces highest quality carbon, allowing it to adsorb a wide range of organic compounds. Because of its huge degree of micro-porosity, one gram can have up to 1225 m² of surface area.
Skimz Pur CARB-0.8 has a very low ash content, it does not affect pH in the aquarium and is safe for all types of aquariums, even sensitive reef systems with complex organisms.
• Small pellet size for high surface area
• Low dust content that is easier to rinse
• Wide variety of pore sizes
• Superior hardness
• Iodine number, mg/g - 1000
• Hardness number, min. - 97
• Total surface area, m²/g - 1225
1. Use half cup (125 ml) of Pur CARB-08 for every 200 litres (50 gallons) of aquarium water volume.
2. Pour the required quantity into a polyester or nylon filter bag.
3. Rinse Pur CARB-08 under tap water to remove any dust before use.
4. Place Pur CARB-08 in path of water flow within the aquarium filter and flatten out as much as possible.
5. Replace Pur CARB-08 every 3 to 6 months depending on stocking density.
6. Remove Pur CARB-08 when treating your fish with medication as it may reduce the performance. Unused Pur CARB-08 should be kept sealed in it's original container until required. Use Pur CARB-08 to remove the medication after treatment is completed.
"Finest" activated carbon of the USA
Available in three sizes: 680ml, 1.5L and 4L.
Facebook Twitter Youtube Google+ Pinterest
If your question is not answered there, please use one of the contact methods below.